Monday 12 March 2012

Day One: Good Eats and Lots of Sweat.

Hello one and all! So today was day one of eating clean and exercising. My original intention was to alternate weights and cardio six days a week. Cardio was (and still is) training for a 5k run. Weights was supposed to be alternating upper body, full body, and lower body super sets. Instead of doing super sets this morning, I sweated along with Tony Horton in the Sculpt 3/4 DVD from the P90 program. It was hard!

The very first move had me feeling completely discouraged. A decline push up. I couldn't even do one, getting down as low as Tony was telling me to. I was feeling really bummed out. Then I realized that I was starting on Sculpt 3/4, not Sculpt 1/2. I didn't have a chance to build up my strength and whatnot like most people following the program would. So I stopped beating myself up, and I got down on the floor and did some push ups. Knees on the ground, but still. I did some push ups!

I pushed through the entire workout. But I made sure to know my limits. Although once or twice I definitely did pick up weights that were way too heavy. But I corrected that pretty quickly!

My eating was pretty good today. Breakfast: Steel cut oats with thawed strawberries (and their juice, yum) with a hardboiled egg and two big glasses of water (equal to one litre, I measured). For a post-workout snack I had some frozen red grapes and another big glass of water (two cups right there). For lunch, I had a mixed green salad with cut up chicken and a balsamic vinaigrette and another big glass of water (another two cups). For an afternoon snack, I had twelve almonds and a small Granny Smith apple with peanut butter. For dinner, I had half a chicken breast, sweet potatoes roasted with cinnamon and a pinch of brown sugar, and broccoli and baby tomatoes steamed with oregano and basil. With dinner, I didn't have water. I had a small glass of 1% milk. All in all, I'm feeling pretty good today!

Something not so good today: I decided to weigh myself, do my measurements, and take some pictures to compare my progress to. Everything in that regard was awful. I cried a lot, wondering how I let everything get so out of control. Lucky for me, I had my amazing boyfriend Dan to help pick up the pieces! I'm so glad to have such a great person in my life. He always knows exactly what to say to make me feel better. Even when I've squished myself into a bikini that barely holds the girls in, when I look like a stuffed sausage with tiny stubby legs, he tells me that I'm beautiful, and I always will be. Talk about a great guy! So I got him to take the pictures for me. And to bring myself out of meltdown mode, I kept telling myself:

You are not trapped in this body. You will not always look like this. You're taking steps in a great direction.

That thought definitely helped calm me down. So now, to bed. I have a really early wake up tomorrow morning for work. After work, the running begins!

Have a fantastic night, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment