Tuesday 27 March 2012

Day Sixteen: Hitting the Wall and Busting Through it Hardcore

Hello one and all! So today was Week 3, Day 1 of my Couch to 5k training program. Today, I had to run for three minutes straight, which doesn't seem like much, but it's twice the length of time I've run before. Holy cow. I didn't think I'd hit a wall until I had to run five minutes or more at a time, and today I hit the wall immediately after my first three minute run. I was tired. I was out of breath. And I honestly didn't think I could do it. I was ready to give up. And I came real close. But then it hit me...

I haven't come this far for nothing. Two weeks ago, I could hardly run a minute at a time, and now here I am, running three minutes at a time.

Some days I feel embarrassed about how little I can do. But then I realize that when I started, I couldn't even consider doing what I'm doing now. So I just repeated my apparent running mantra:

I am strong. I can do this. Change won't come by coasting. I have to push myself every single day.

I sound like a bad motivation book, but honestly, it really helps me to focus on my progress. Anyway, I'm just having my protein shake and relaxing while I watch Iron Chef America. Definitely one of my favorite shows. And tonight... Playoff game! I can't wait. So exciting! And again, many thanks to my Moey and Papa!

Have a great night, everyone!

EDIT: Check out these awesome ab moves! I tried a couple, and they are wicked hard! I've decided I want to be able to do The Wicked Wiper. Scope the moves out here:

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/abs-workouts

No comments:

Post a Comment