Sunday 11 March 2012

Introduction: The Day Before I Change My Life!

Hello one and all! Before my journey really starts, I thought it would be nice I started this blog off by introducing myself, and letting everyone get to know a bit about me. So, here we go!

My name is Erin! I'm a 22 year old girl living in beautiful British Columbia. I'm five foot one, and my life needs a change! At 22, I'm a complete carb, sugar, fat, and salt junkie. If it's bad for you, there's a 99.9% chance that I will eat it and love it. Anything, seriously. You name it. I love chocolate, chips, candies, burgers, deep-fried anything, cheese, pasta, cookies, cakes, pies, cupcakes... This is no good for me, because I also love to bake!

About a month and a half ago, my mom and I started eating clean and exercising. We decided to start running, doing a Couch to 5k kind of program. On alternate days, we would also cycle and do resistance band exercises. We were eating clean with a cheat day a week. Well, I was. My mom had cheat meals. I liked the day format better! Anyways. So, for about two weeks, everything was awesome. I lost weight and inches almost immediately. In a week, I lost two inches off my waist. It was great!

Then my mom went back to Alberta for a family emergency. I tried to keep going without her, but it was so stressful and we were all so worried about her that everything just kind of... Fell by the wayside. I did run for the week she was gone, but I didn't eat anything that could be considered healthy AT ALL. I was cooking for three guys (my dad and two brothers) and I just caved in and ate what I made them. So, fast-forward to now: I've gained back all the weight (and then some). I feel tired and lethargic all the time.

A week ago, I decided that I am the kind of person who needs definite structure. I decided to make myself tables and charts and pages of exercises to do. I researched exercises, cardio, how to work my abs without hurting my back, everything. I've spent hours looking at clean eating recipes. I've spent hours looking up food substitutions-I'm a bit of a picky eater. I hate cucumbers, zucchini, raw tomatoes (I'll eat them cooked), raw peppers (I don't like them much better cooked, but I like the colour), watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, eggplant, and more things than I can even come up with off the top of my head. While I'm a picky eater, I'll try anything once!

That's all for tonight, I think. So read on, and see how my journey unfolds!

No comments:

Post a Comment