Friday 13 April 2012

Day 33: Supersets and Food Prep

Hello one and all! It was weights today, and I did not skimp on my arm workout. I did a full superset workout for both my upper and lower body, plus more ab work from the Oxygen special. I feel awesome! Then I went shopping to get some things I needed to make myself some frees able, healthy dinners. Breakfasts too! So, tonight, clean pancakes and waffles, clean bread and possible clean French toast too. I made 9 individual meatloaf cups, using ground turkey, grated carrots, half a red onion, finely chopped celery (lol fine for me honestly), black pepper, basil, oregano and time. I also made nine individual whole wheat lasagnas, using whole wheat noodles, ground turkey, low fat cottage cheese (the fat free stuff is full of chemicals), low fat mozzarella cheese and low fat Parmesan cheese. Yummy!

In the slow cooker right now, I have a great recipe from Tiffany at The Gracious Pantry. It's called red lentil stew! It's supposed to use an Indian spice called garam masala, but I didn't have that, and forgot to get it today when I was out, so I just used extra curry instead. Smells great! I used another one of Tiffany's recipes last night, for clean banana muffins. Big hit at this house! If you haven't checked out Tiffany's website, you seriously need to give it a read. She does great work!

In sad news, fitness legend Robert Kennedy passed away last night. My thoughts are with Tosca Reno and their family. Bob was a huge inspiration, and a role model for everyone trying to learn to eat right and exercise. I'll really miss reading Bob's Tough Love in Oxygen every month. RIP, Robert Kennedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment