Sunday 15 April 2012

Day 35: Another Small Victory and The Best Cheerleader Ever

Hello one and all! Yesterday, I was supposed to run 2 miles, or 20 minutes, without stopping. I ran for 15 minutes straight, which means I didn't make my goal of doing the 20 minutes. But I did something that surprised even me. I ran for a full six minutes longer in a single go than I ever have before. And you know what? I'll take that. At first I was bummed out, then I decided to still run the twenty minutes total. So I walked for two minutes, ran for three, walked for two and ran the last two. After I finished, I was so proud! I'm not a runner, or fit, or an athlete by any stretch of the imagination. But I pushed hard, and I made progress I feel I can really be proud of.

And I couldn't have done it without Dan. He was there for me the whole time, supporting me and encouraging me. Without him, I probably would have made myself run for ten minutes before quitting. But he gave me the strength to really find my limits. And to push them. He talked me through the wall I hit at 8 minutes in, and he encouraged me when I had to take a break, and when I started up again. Thank you for being so amazing, Dan!

I learned a valuable lesson yesterday. You're much stronger than you think you are.

Happy Sunday, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment