Sunday 13 May 2012

Day 63: Back Home, Vacation Badness, and No Results

Hello one and all! Dan and I got back from Calgary today. We had a great time! We mostly just explored (and also dragged Amber to the zoo). It was fun, but the first night was rough. I get really car sick, so we got to the hotel and I was just not at all doing well. I had a terrible headache originating in my neck, I was insanely congested, and I was nauseous. So Dan was my hero and found a London Drugs to get me some Advil while I stayed in our room with all the lights off and the curtains shut. So that was rough. I had a nap after I took my Advil, and felt much better. So we went exploring! We ended up getting dinner at a little drive-thru called Peter's Drive-In. Best milkshake ever. So thick! I was tempted to do the Dairy Queen blizzard test on it...

Related note, confession: we didn't eat nearly as well as I had hoped. I was thinking we'd have breakfast, lunch and snacks all clean, and dinners would be "off." Definitely not the case! We were so excited to explore (okay, I was) that I kept forgetting to bring food for us for lunch and snacks! I'd grab a bottle of water and grapes. Not real food. And then we'd end up having a burger or something, and you know what?

I had a great time.


I think what made me okay with it was knowing that nobody is perfect all the time. And let's face it, I didn't want to be! Calgary was a city I'd never been to before, I was dying to try some of Dan's favourite places. I think I also felt okay because I've decided to try the 24 hour fast thing I mentioned (I might have). Eat Stop Eat? Familiar? Well, if not, look it up! My mom told me about it, and after I did my research, I decided to give it a shot. So my first fast is actually in progress right now! Finished dessert at 7:15, so I eat again the same time tomorrow. I don't work, so it'll be good to just give it a shot and see how it goes. If it goes well, I'll start another one Tuesday night, because I don't work Wednesday either!

So, the reason for no results is evident above. I haven't been extra stringent about my eating lately. I've been striving for 80/20. I'll post results on Monday next week, as my menstrual cycle has just incredible timing again... I'll try and remember to keep notes of my progress! Through the fast. Sorry, I'm all over the place right now. I'll also do a picture post. We really didn't take many pictures. Took a couple on the way through Banff, tried to take a cute one of us our first full day in Calgary, and the rest are zoo pictures. Because I'm a five year old, and I seriously love going to the zoo.

Anyways, I guess that makes us all caught up now! I did do one day of weights, Friday. And I'm off to do leg weights now. I'm supposed to try to do a weight training session tomorrow near the end of the fast. So I'm going to do legs tonight, do a short interval run tomorrow, and do my arms in the evening. Hopefully it all works out!

Have a great night, and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to my momba, and to all the moms out here reading this!

No comments:

Post a Comment